What is the Athlete Advisory Committee?
The Athlete Advisory Committee will act as an informed advisor to the Ringette Alberta Board in the implementation of policies and the Ringette Alberta Strategic Plan as it pertains to athletes. The Committee is a standing committee of the Ringette Alberta Board and is governed by the Ringette Alberta Bylaws and the Committees Policy (22.0). The Committee reports to the Ringette Alberta Board and does not have independent decision-making authority. Members of the Committee should bring perspective from all areas of ringette in Alberta including youth, adult, recreational, competitive, and pursuit of excellence programs.
What does the Athlete Advisory Committee do?
The Athlete Advisory Committee will:
- Provide a report to the Board for each Board Meeting.
- Advise on policy changes put forward by the Board
- Bring ringette athletes’ concerns to the attention of the Board/Staff
- Present an annual report to the Members at the Ringette Alberta Annual General Meeting
Committee members serve two-year terms. Nomination and appointing of members will be staggered by appointing half of the members each year in order to ensure continuity of the Athlete Advisory Committee.
Click here to read the Athlete Advisory Committee Terms of Reference.
Nomination and Eligibility
In order to be nominated individuals must:
- Be at least 15 years old
- Be a registered player with Ringette Alberta at the time of their nomination
- Be in good standing with their local association
- Complete the application below
After nominations are put forward, a list of nominees will be presented to the Ringette Alberta Board. A minimum of 5 members will be appointed to the Committee
Click here to apply! Athlete Advisory Committee Nomination Form
The form will be open until November 1st, 2018.
Questions or comments regarding the Athlete Advisory Committee can be directed to Robyn Gillespie at email@example.com or 780-643-0651.