When should I apply for my event? When do I follow-up? Click here to see a general timeline for preparing for an event.
Come Try Ringette Website
This is where all events are listed and registration is taken. ComeTryRingette.ca
Come Try Ringette Facilitator Training
All Come Try Ringette organisers must complete the online training before their event is approved. Details about this training are below.
Come Try Ringette Manual
The Come Try Ringette manual has been updated for Feb 2020. Click here to view and download the manual (English).
FAQs can be found at the bottom of this page.
Click here for details about volunteers, equipment and promo items.
Applying to Host Your Event
Click the button below to fill out the application form! Once your form is received and approved, you will receive a confirmation email with further instructions.
Come Try Ringette Training
An online training module is now available
The purpose of the online training course is to ensure Come Try Ringette best practices are being used across the country in order to maximise the effectiveness of these events. The intent is that every Come Try Ringette event will be lead by someone who is CTR “certified”. A certificate of completion is issued at the end of the course. Please submit this certificate via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions to Access the Course
The course can be accessed at the following website – https://ringettecanada.sportforlife-sportpourlavie.ca/.
In order to register for the course you will need to either login with your Sport for Life Campus account information or create a new account.
Once you have logged into the account, you will find the list of available courses under the “Online Courses” tab.
You will note that there is a cost associated with the course but that is simply a way to authenticate users and ensure they do belong to a ringette association. As you can see in the screenshot below, there is an area to enter a Coupon Code. The Coupon Codes provided below will allow users to access the course at no cost.
If you have not already received your coupon code, please email email@example.com. You will not be refunded after completing the course if you do not use the coupon code.
Frequently Asked Questions and Resources
- Distribute promotional materials at local community centres and schools to get the word out about your event
- Contact registrants leading up to the event to answer any questions and confirm their attendance
- Host a parent information session at the event and have association board members or coaches available to walk around and answer questions.
- Use the registration sheet to track attendance. The sheet will be emailed to you when your event is approved.
- Follow-up with registrants after the event; provide ‘next steps’ with registration dates/forms, local camp information, or other CTR event dates.