Come Try Ringette Training
An online training module will be available in January
Associations wishing to host a Come Try Ringette event must have their coordinator complete the training and submit the certificate of completion to the Ringette Alberta Sport Development Coordinator. Without this complete your event will not be approved.
The Come Try Ringette website is where all events are listed and registration is taken.
Applying to Host Your Event
Click the button below to fill out the application form! Once your form is received and approved, you will receive a confirmation email with further instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions and Resources
- Distribute promotional materials at local community centres and schools to get the word out about your event
- Contact registrants leading up to the event to answer any questions and confirm their attendance
- Host a parent information session at the event and have association board members or coaches available to walk around and answer questions.
- Use the registration sheet to track attendance. The sheet will be emailed to you when your event is approved.
- Follow-up with registrants after the event; provide ‘next steps’ with registration dates/forms, local camp information, or other CTR event dates.
Everyone who goes on the ice during the event needs to be on the registration spreadsheet. Those who are already registered ringette players should be marked as such and new players should be indicated. You will be asked to email your registration spreadsheet the week after your event. This information is used to determine how many people attended each event and later registered for the ringette season.
Volunteers should be listed as “on-ice” or “off-ice” volunteer and no contact information is required.
The scorecard highlights the best practices and let’s us see if we are running high quality events. Combined with your conversion rate, we can see where we may need to provide more information or resources to help you achieve your recruitment targets.